● Plans for any Term 3 Competition cancelled
● Training suspended
● Summer Season 20/21 planned to commence Term 4
Sadly, as you all know, the Victorian Government has imposed a renewed six-week lockdown on metropolitan Melbourne. In response, Basketball Victoria has announced cancellation of its junior (VJBL) and senior (Big V) representative competitions for 2020 in the interests of public health and well being. Subsequently, Basketball Hawthorn has had to review its plans for Term 3 and has decided to cancel all proposed competition this Term.
We share your disappointment that these decisions means no formal basketball competition, however we know you will understand that the interests of public health far outweigh the desire to play sport at this time.
Unfortunately, we have no alternative but to switch our focus instead to Summer Season 20/21.
• All planned Term 3 Basketball Hawthorn competitions, training and development programs cancelled
• Some domestic club-based training / programs may resume prior dependant upon easing of restrictions
• Basketball Hawthorn will plan to resume operations over the September school holidays, including programs for junior domestic and representative members
• Subject to COVID restrictions, it is hoped the Junior Domestic Summer Season 20/21 will commence on Saturday 10 October 10
• Senior domestic competitions are planned to resume from Monday 5 October
Basketball Hawthorn will remain in hibernation with the administration team to continue on limited hours under the Government JobKeeper scheme. Therefore, it may take longer for the administration team to respond to inquiries.
Finally, from all of us at Basketball Hawthorn, thank you for your patience over the past several months. Navigating these uncharted waters has been incredibly time consuming in changing circumstances, and we all really appreciate your support.
Stay well, stay safe, stay home (when you can).