NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Hawthorn Basketball Association Inc. (Basketball Hawthorn) will be held:
Saturday 14 December 2019 at 4:00pm
Boroondara Sports Complex – multi-purpose room
271C Belmore Road Balwyn North 3104
The Constitution of the Association is available on the website (see link below).
The provisions of this Constitution govern the 2019 AGM. Any amendments to the Constitution passed at the AGM will only take effect once approval is granted by Consumer Affairs Victoria.
The ordinary business of the AGM shall be to –
(a) confirm the minutes of the previous AGM;
(b) to receive from the Board reports including:
(i) Chairperson’s Report;
(ii) Operations Report (including Junior and Senior Competition and Representative Reports);
(iii) Financial Report (including Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee Statement, Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet and Auditor’s Report);
(c) elect the Directors of the Association;
(d) appoint an auditor for the forthcoming year;
(e) transact any other business of which notice in writing shall have been given to the Secretary at least seven days prior to the date of the meeting.
Election of Directors
Under the Constitution:
- Belinda Donaldson and Adam Kierce were elected at the 2017 AGM and continue in office;
- Genevieve Brammall, Chris Pacey, Mark Walker were elected at the 2018 AGM and continue in office;
- David Skelton, Hannah Lowe and Martin Guthrie resigned from office during the year;
- Martin Reich has served for 6 years as a Director and must retire from office;
Nominations are called for the four (4) vacant Director positions.
A nomination form is available on the website (see link below)
- each Director of the Association holds office for a period of three years;
- a person who has already served six full years as a Director may not be a candidate ;
- the Board appoints the Board Chairperson and Secretary from elected Directors;
- a candidate statement not exceeding 100 words may be submitted to Secretary for publication.
Special business to be considered at the AGM – Approval to amend the Constitution.
The following resolution has been proposed:
- ‘That the Association adopt the amendment to its Constitution outlined in the accompanying Special Resolution – Explanatory Memorandum:
(i) to change the name of the Association to Basketball Hawthorn.
Proposed by HBA Board Under Rule 6, in accordance with the Associations Incorporation Reform Act 2012 (Vic), amendments to the Constitution of the Association will only be passed if at least 75 per cent of the members who vote at the meeting vote in favour of any resolution to change the Constitution.The following documents are available on the website (see links below):
- Special Resolution – Explanatory Memorandum of proposal amendments to the Constitution
- Current HBA Constitution
Nomination forms and requests for any other business must be delivered to the Secretary no later than Saturday 7 December 2019 at email@example.com
The Secretary must also be notified of the nominated voting delegate for each member club or representative section prior to the commencement of the AGM. No proxy or postal votes are allowed.
The Agenda for the AGM will be published seven days prior to the AGM.
Links to documents