In anticipation of the upcoming 2021/22 VJBL season, registrations are now open for Hawthorn Magic tryouts. Representative basketball is a great stepping stone for those athletes who want to take the next step in their basketball journey.
- At this stage there are no confirmed tryout dates – the tryout schedule will be guided by information provided by DHHS & Basketball Victoria – the Hawthorn Magic Committee is working on several contingencies as to how this year’s tryouts will proceed and will communicate this when appropriate;
- ALL athletes will be required to register online before tryouts begin. This will both speed up the process and allow the administrative team to accurately communicate with everyone efficiently, plus comply with DHHS regulations and Basketball Victoria Return to Play guidelines;
- This year we are introducing a tryout registration fee of $25 to cover court hire and administrative costs. This will be payable at the time of registration;
- Age Groups
- Under 12 – 2011, 2012, 2013
- Under 14 – 2009 & 2010
- Under 16 – 2007 & 2008
- Under 18 – 2005 & 2006
- Under 20 – 2003 & 2004
- Hawthorn Magic Tryout Frequently Asked Questions can be found here;
- It is advisable to bookmark the following webpage – 2021/22 Tryouts Information Hub as all information regarding tryouts will be posted here (plus emails & social media posts).
Permission to Train Application
Athletes wishing to obtain a Permission to Train with another association need to contact the Hawthorn Magic Administrator via email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
- Athlete’s Name
- The Association/s that the athlete wishes to train with
The Hawthorn Magic Administrator will email the Association the athlete wishes to train with (this can be more than one association); the athlete/parent will be CC’d in on the email.
Associations will have five (5) business days to send the email due to Association staff working on limited hours or the contact being a volunteer. The email will state how long you are eligible to train for, with a minimum of 21 days.
If you haven’t received a response within 5 business days, please call the VJBL Emergency phone 0430 541 847.
Clearance Form Application
There will be a new process to follow for clearances, with clearances being completed online via the PlayHQ system. More information will be provided shortly.