This page is your one stop hub for all information regarding this year’s tryouts – it is advisable to bookmark this page and visit it regularly to stay up-to-date
FRIDAY 29th OCTOBER
As per VJBL Rules of Operation, a player who has previously registered to a VJBL club must have their transfer request approved before they can play for a new VJBL club. Clearances will be available on PlayHQ from Wednesday 3rd November.
- In PlayHQ, a player will be presented with an option to initiate a ‘Transfer Request’ if they attempt to register to the VJBL competition at a VJBL club that is different from their previous VJBL club.
- An initiated ‘Transfer Request’ triggers a process that requires an administrator of the player’s existing (source) club, a VJBL administrator, and an administrator of the player’s intended new (destination) club to approve or decline their transfer request.When all administrators of the relevant organisations approve the player’s transfer request, the player can then proceed to complete their registration to the new club.
If the transfer request is declined by an administrator, registration to the new club is not allowed.
Note: Under certain circumstances, the VJBL charges a player $22.00 to process their transfer request. VJBL staff will contact the player/parent/guardian directly to collect this payment before the VJBL processes their request.
TUESDAY 26th OCTOBER
With the recent announcements by the Victorian Government, Hawthorn Magic are now in a position to announce our tryout dates for VJBL season 2021/22.
All athletes will be required to attend each scheduled session, unless notified otherwise.
For the full tryout schedule, please click here
THURSDAY 14th OCTOBER
The Parent & Player Handbook has been prepared to aid your understanding of what it means to be selected to represent Hawthorn Magic. The information is set out in a general form, applicable to boys and girls in all age groups across the Program. Occasionally, when circumstances change, the general picture presented here may be varied by notification to a particular team or age group.
To view, please click here
Thinking of being a Team Manager? Or what is involved? A handbook has been prepared to assist those who take on the role as Team Manager (TM). The TM is the vital link between the Club, athlete, the athletes’ parents/guardians, and Coaches.
For further details, click here
FRIDAY 1st OCTOBER
In anticipation of the upcoming VJBL season, registrations are now open for Hawthorn Magic tryouts.
- At this stage there are no confirmed tryout dates – the tryout schedule will be guided by information provided by DHHS & Basketball Victoria – the Hawthorn Magic Committee are working on several contingencies as to how this year’s tryouts will proceed and will communicate this when appropriate;
- ALL athletes will be required to register online before tryouts begin. This will both speed up the process and allow the administrative team to accurately communicate with everyone efficiently, plus comply with any DHHS regulations and Basketball Victoria Return to Play guidelines;
- This year we are introducing a tryout registration fee of $25 to cover court hire and administrative costs. This will be payable at the time of registration;
THURSDAY 26th AUGUST
Permission to Train Application
Players wishing to obtain ‘Permission to Train’ at another association must contact their current association.
The Association signatory contact will email the Association the player wishes to train with, (this can be more than one association) the player will be cc’d in on the email. Associations will have 5 business days to send the email due to Association staff working on limited hours or the contact being a volunteer. The email will state how long you are eligible to train for with a minimum of 21 days.
If you haven’t received a response within 5 business days, please call the emergency phone 0430 541 847.
Clearance Form Application
VJBL clearances have been stopped for the remainder of the season and will reopen at the completion of the current season. There will be a new process to follow for clearances, with clearances being completed online via the PlayHQ system. More information will be provided shortly in relation to this.