The Hawthorn Magic would like to invite applications for Assistant Coaches within our Women’s Big V Program.
As a part of the senior coaching staff within Hawthorn Basketball Association you will be a figurehead of the organisation, therefore it is expected that you will act in accordance with the role in providing guidance and assistance to other members of the coaching group at Hawthorn.
You will have a holistic approach to your role ensuring that the Magic playing group are regarded as leaders within our organisation.
As an Assistant Coach your duties include, but are not limited to the following;
- Assist the Head Coach with all facets of managing the team both on and off court.
- Assisting the Head Coach with planning and implementation of a training program.
- Provide leadership and guidance to players on and off the court.
- Manage and dealing with player issues both individuals and the group.
- Actively work towards the program goals for on court success.
- Communicate effectively with coaches, association administrators and Hawthorn Basketball Association management
- Share coaching philosophies and knowledge
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Previous position(s) as coach or assistant coach at representative level
- Preferred minimum Club Coach (formerly Level 1) accreditation or equivalent
- Demonstrated history in basketball
- Passion for basketball
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding at the desired level
Email applications to the General Manager at email@example.com
APLICATIONS CLOSE MIDNIGHT 21st OCTOBER