Hawthorn Basketball Association (HBA) is seeking applications from suitably experienced and interested individuals to fill positions on several sub-committees of the Board.
We are seeking candidates whose interests align with the strategic direction of the Association and who will complement the current skill mix of the Board, and it’s sub-committees.
The HBA is a thriving and growing basketball association centred on the City of Boroondara in the inner eastern suburbs of Melbourne. The HBA has experienced strong growth over the last decade and now operates one of the largest domestic competitions in the state, with over 8,000 members. The junior and senior representative programs have also seen rapid growth in size and improvements in results in recent years. To build on that growth, the HBA wishes to continue the high level of professionalism in all aspects of the Association’s operations.
Junior Magic Committee – 2-3 vacancies
The Junior Magic Committee is responsible for the Junior Representative Program (Hawthorn Magic), and conducts roughly 10 meetings a year.
- General Member – particular candidates with experience in human resources, or working in the Child Safety field.
- General Member – particular candidates with experience in marketing, communications, or lobbying.
- General Member – particular candidates with experience in merchandise, uniforms or apparel.
Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee – 2 vacancies
The Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee examines any matters about the management, financial and compliance risk affairs of the HBA that it considers necessary, and reviews and makes recommendations to the Board. The Committee may also examine other specific matters referred to it by the Board. The Committee conducts bi-monthly meetings.
- General Member – particular candidates with experience in OHS, or Risk Management.
- General Member – particular candidates with experience in legal or corporate governance.
Enquiries about the positions should be directed to the HBA General Manager, Brock Rogers, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close on 17 May 2019.