The purpose of the Hawthorn Magic program is to provide an environment for our players and coaches to succeed long-term. Long-term development is not only for basketball, but also for life and sport in general.
Once you have been selected to play representative basketball for Hawthorn Magic, a high level of engagement and devotion is required from each player and their parent/s. We appreciate that active children may play multiple sports, if this is case, mutual agreement must be made between all sports.
Common Player & Parent Expectation
- Represent Hawthorn Magic Basketball club with pride and good sportsmanship;
- Commit to making Hawthorn Magic Basketball their priority sport during the season;
- Be available to play in all Friday night games and compulsory tournaments;
- Be committed to prioritising attendance at both Sunday and mid-week training sessions;
- Report all injuries to your Coach/Team Manager before playing or training;
- Observe Club rules relating to the wearing of playing, warm-up & training uniform;
- Acknowledge that playing time may vary for each player and is at the discretion of the coach;
- Respect and support your coach and fellow teammates;
- Not comment publicly, including the use of social media, to criticise players, coaches or opposition ;
- Abide by Basketball Victoria’s Parents’ & Players’ Code of Conduct – attached to this Handbook
- Player’s annual registration fees must be paid by the required date (unless alternative arrangements are made with the Basketball Hawthorn Finance Manager).
Codes of Conduct Expectations
Hawthorn Magic adheres to and is guided by Basketball Victoria’s Policies who are committed to providing an enjoyable, safe and welcoming environment, for participants, families and spectators. Please see links below.