NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) of Basketball Hawthorn Inc. will be held:
Monday 14 December 2020 at 7:00pm to be held electronically via Zoom (details to follow)
The Constitution of the Association is available on the website (see link below).
The provisions of this Constitution govern the 2020 AGM. Any amendments to the Constitution passed at the AGM will only take effect once approval is granted by Consumer Affairs Victoria.
The ordinary business of the AGM shall be to –
(a) confirm the minutes of the previous AGM (December 2019);
(b) confirm the minutes of the Special General Meeting (August 2020);
(c) to receive from the Board reports including:
(i) Chairperson’s Report;
(ii) Operations Report (including Junior and Senior Competition and Representative Reports);
(iii) Financial Report (including Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee Statement, Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet and Auditor’s Report);
(d) elect the Directors of the Association;
(e) appoint an auditor for the forthcoming year;
(f) transact any other business of which notice in writing shall have been given to the Secretary at least seven days prior to the date of the meeting.
Election of Directors
Under the Constitution:
- Adam Kierce and Belinda Donaldson were elected at the 2017 AGM and have served their term in office;
- Genevieve Brammall and Chris Pacey were elected at the 2018 AGM and continue in office;
- Allison Purdey, Ruth Harrington, Sam Tucker and Ken Santamaria were elected at the 2019 AGM and continue in office;
- Mark Walker resigned from office during the year;
Nominations are called for the three (3) vacant Director positions.
A nomination form is available on the website (see link below)
- each Director of the Association holds office for a period of three years;
- a person who has already served six full years as a Director may not be a candidate ;
- the Board appoints the Board Chairperson and Secretary from elected Directors;
- a candidate statement not exceeding 100 words may be submitted to Secretary for publication.
There is no Special business to be considered at the AGM.
Nomination forms and requests for any other business must be delivered to the Secretary no later than Sunday 6 December 2020 at email@example.com
The Secretary must also be notified of the nominated voting delegate for each member club or representative section prior to the commencement of the AGM. No proxy or postal votes are allowed.
The Agenda for the AGM will be published seven days prior to the AGM.
Links to documents