NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Hawthorn Basketball Association Inc. (HBA) will be held:
Wednesday 19 December 2018 at 7:30pm
Boroondara Sports Complex – multi-purpose room
271C Belmore Road Balwyn North 3104
The Constitution of the HBA is available on the HBA website (see link below).
The provisions of this Constitution govern the 2018 AGM. Any amendments to the HBA Constitution passed at the AGM will only take effect once approval is granted by Consumer Affairs Victoria.
The ordinary business of the AGM shall be to –
(a) confirm the minutes of the previous AGM;
(b) to receive from the Board reports including:
(i) Chairperson’s Report;
(ii) Operations Report (including Junior and Senior Competition and Representative Reports);
(iii) Financial Report (including Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee Statement, Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet and Auditor’s Report);
(c) elect the Directors of the Association;
(d) appoint an auditor for the forthcoming year;
(e) transact any other business of which notice in writing shall have been given to the Secretary at least seven days prior to the date of the meeting.
Election of Directors
Under the Constitution, together with the Special Resolution passed at the 2017 AGM:
- Belinda Donaldson, Martin Guthrie, Adam Kierce, Martin Reich and David Skelton were elected at the 2017 AGM and continue in office;
- Bradley Crump, Stewart Evans and Glenn Kiefer retire from office and are eligible for re-election;
- Genevieve Brammall filled a casual vacancy (resignation of Lisa O’Keeffe), retires from office and is eligible for election.
Nominations are called for the four (4) vacant Director positions.
A nomination form is available on the HBA website (see link below)
- each Director of the Association holds office for a period of three years;
- no person has reached the Board term limit of six full years;
- the Board appoints the Board Chairperson and Secretary from elected Directors;
- Danielle Davies (Junior Magic Chair) was co-opted to the Board for the period up to the 2018 AGM.
Special business to be considered at the AGM – Approval to amend the HBA Constitution
There are two resolutions proposed, to be considered separately:
- ‘That the Association adopt the amendment to its Constitution outlined in the accompanying Explanatory Memorandum: 1.To remove the voting rights of the VBRA Hawthorn branch’
Proposed by HBA Board
- ‘That the Association adopt the amendment to its Constitution outlined in the accompanying Explanatory Memorandum: 2.To add a requirement for HBA Board Directors’
Proposed by Titans Junior BC
Under Rule 6, in accordance with the Associations Incorporation Reform Act 2012 (Vic), amendments to the Constitution of the Association will only be passed if at least 75 per cent of the members who vote at the meeting vote in favour of any resolution to change the Constitution.
The following documents are available on the HBA website (see links below):
- Explanatory Memorandum of proposal amendments to the HBA Constitution
- Current HBA Constitution
Nomination forms and requests for any other business must be delivered to the HBA Secretary no later than Wednesday 12 December 2018 at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Secretary must also be notified of the nominated voting delegate for each member club or representative section prior to the commencement of the AGM. No proxy or postal votes are allowed.
The Agenda for the AGM will be published seven days prior to the AGM.
Links to documents